Friday, February 15, 2008

Bill Clinton Stumps East Texas With ... Henry Cuellar?

I read in the Rio Grande Guardian where Henry Cuellar accompanied, and introduced, former President Bill Clinton on his swing through east Texas yesterday. This in spite of the fact that Cuellar's Laredo-based district is hundreds of miles from the Piney Woods.



"I don't know why they asked me to go, but I'll be happy to support the Hillary campaign whether it's in South Texas or whether it's in East Texas,” said Cuellar. “It's an honor that they've asked me to do this."


Maybe they wanted to use Cuellar there because nobody in east Texas would know or remember that ... well, to put it kindly, Henry Cuellar is not exactly from the Democratic wing of the Denmocratic Party. He's like Joe Lieberman, with less charisma.



I mean, seriously, are the Clinton people aware of this? Paying attention? I'm a little mystified.

No comments: