Friday, February 8, 2008

Tecaboca

Sunset, Tecaboca, Friday, February 8, 2008.

I am out in the Hill Country for the weekend. I am at the Tecaboca Christian Renewal Center, on whose board I intermittently serve. Tecaboca is located in the Hill Country northwest of Kerrville, and is one of my favorite places on earth. I have been coming here, and involved with the place and its going-ons for over 35 years.

It's beautiful tonight -- not a cloud in the sky. The sunset was sublime and gorgeous, my picture capturing only a sliver of its tranquil beauty. This evening, my friend John and I went into Kerrville and had dinner at the Cowboy Steakhouse, our favorite restaurant in town. By the time we got back out here, night had fully fallen.

The moon's glow but a sliver in the western sky, its whole orb visible in the crystalline night. Stars taking on familiar patterns as they slowly wheel across the sky. The air cold and clear and so dry that breath does not fog.

Tomorrow more people come, but for tonight the only sound is the water of Johnson Creek washing over the dam.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Beautiful picture! Water and sky. At night you surely can see a lot of stars, dont you? When we think about it, our mother the earth is a magnificent gift. Its a miracle.

Have a beautiful day.