Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dallas Is a Jewel, Dallas Is a Beautiful Sight

I love Jimmie Dale Gilmore's song, "Dallas."

Did you ever see Dallas from a DC 9 at night?
Well Dallas is a jewel
oh Dallas is a beautiful sight
But Dallas is a jungle
but Dallas gives a
beautiful light
Did you ever see Dallas from a DC 9 at
night?

I have to admit, I am not particularly a Dallas fan. But I was humming that song as we flew into Dallas. I will not be able to get to Austin tonight, but at least I am home in Texas.

Before leaving Memphis, I scheduled a 9:00 a.m. flight to Austin in the morning out of Love Field, and so headed over to a hotel near there. By the time I confirmed the flight ("La Quinta" = Spanish for "free Internetz"), it had been canceled. Canceled Flight Number Four.

OK, I can handle this. I am now on a 4:00 p.m. flight out of Love Field.

No comments: