Sunday, January 7, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, it's the beginning of a new year and the beginning of this new blog. I have an interesting life, I think, and I want to share some of the joy and fun, and maybe even heartaches, with others. Mostly I am doing this because I have lots of cool pictures and I want a venue to share them. If it works to do it in the blog, great. If not, I am open to suggestions on other venues.

I was out in the marvelous Big Bend region of west Texas for the new year. I stayed in Marathon, where a group of my disreputable friends and I celebrated the new year. Normally, this is dry, arid, high desert country, but we had a treat that week. A couple days earlier, it had snowed west of there, so I spent the Friday before New Year's driving from Marathon to Marfa, down to Presidio, into the Big Bend Ranch State Park, and back again. All told, almost 350 miles, which is astounding when you think about it. Not only did I drive 35 miles and not leave Texas, I drove that far and was only in TWO COUNTIES. Big country out there.

I am still trying to figure out how to upload pictures. So far, no luck. I will do a new post once I have figured it out.

No comments: