Friday, January 12, 2007

Washington, Deceit

I am here in Washington, D.C. The organization with which I work had a national board meeting yesterday, in some of which I participated. Like most board meetings at which I am a spectator, the rest of it was like watching paint dry.

Today through Monday I am participating in two very exciting events: a national leadership summit for 180 college students, and the final session of a campaign academy for 20 talented young people from all over America. I am lucky enough to be on the faculty of both programs.

Both programs are phenomenal, and I keep wishing I'd had access to these resources, ideas and mentors when I was of college age. The programs, and the energetic young people who are drinking deeply of them, are a refreshing antidote to the jaded mediocrity that I associate with Washington.

No comments: