Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hanging at the Jefferson ...

I have to admit, I am suscpetible to celebrities. I've been lucky enough in my life to encounter some celebrities, and maybe even form a friendship or two.

Of course, my taste in celebrities may differ from anyone else's. One of my heroes is Markos Moulitsas Zuniga, the founder of DailyKos. He's the most visible part of an important trend in American politics -- the use of the Internet, and specifically blogs, to identify, energize and direct progressive activists.

He's in Washington attending the same conference as me. He and I spent a couple hours last night, having a drink in the bar of the Jefferson Hotel. We talked politics, of course, but we also talked about Life Its Ownself -- his family, his other businesses, his history and background. As tone point, he interrupted our conversation to say goodnight to his son, a delighted grin on his face as he talked across the continent.

He's the real deal, and that's so important.

No comments: